Learning and Plasticity - LaP2023
Learning and Plasticity - LaP2023
We have again reserved rooms for a special price from the congress hotel, Lapland Hotels Äkäshotelli, for the period April 2 – April 5, 2023.
The 2023 prices are as follows (valid until March 25):
- Hotel room for one person 105 euros / night
- Hotel room for two persons 115 euros / night
- Holiday apartment with one bedroom, living room & kitchen, and sauna 138-148 euros / 1-2 persons / night
- Holiday apartment with two bedrooms, living room & kitchen, and sauna 180 euros / for 2 persons / night
- Additional persons to apartments 25 euros / person / night
All of the options above include a hearty breakfast, free evening entry to the hotel restaurant featuring live artists, and the common gym and sauna facilities & a pool.
PLEASE NOTE. Due to high demand, we have also reserved rooms at the nearby Hotel Ylläskaltio for the period April 2 – April 5, 2023. Ylläskaltio room prices (including own sauna and breakfast; valid until February 20, 2023):
1 person 115€/ night
2 persons 125€/ night
3 persons 150€/ night
4 persons 175€/ night
The congress participants should do their hotel booking via the Äkäshotelli website at https://www.laplandhotels.com/FI/lapin-hotellit/yllas/lapland-hotels-akashotelli.html or the Hotel Ylläskaltio website at https://www.laplandhotels.com/FI/lapin-hotellit/yllas/lapland-hotels-yllaskaltio.html Use the code ALLLAP23 (please note the three L’s) to be able to book for the special prices listed above. If you need an invoice e.g. for your university, please be in touch with the hotel directly. Also in case you need the accommodation before April 2 or after April 5, be in contact with Äkäshotelli or Ylläskaltio either by email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (Äkäshotelli +358 16 553300 or Ylläskaltio +358 16 552 000). DO NOT MAKE YOUR HOTEL BOOKING VIA ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAN THE ONE LISTED ABOVE! The hotel will send you an advance invoice via email about a week before the start of the booking.
For a presentation of the hotels and their services, see
THE MEETING SITE AND HOW TO GET THERE
Ylläs is located 150 km north of the Arctic Circle in Finnish Lapland, in Scandinavia. Our meeting will take place in one of the villages in the Ylläs area, namely the Äkäslompolo village that is located on the northern side of the Ylläs Fell. The address of the meeting venue Äkäshotel is Äkäsentie 10.
- By train from Helsinki: Board the sleeping wagon of the night train in the evening, and in the morning you arrive at the Kolari train station which is the final destination. Timetables and bookings can be made at the National Railways (VR) website: https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/long-distance_timetables. The Kolari train station is 35 km from Ylläs and there is a bus connection for each train. This is a nice and the most environmentally-friendly travel alternative.
- By plane from Helsinki: There is a daily flight connection by Finnair from Helsinki to Kittilä. From the Kittilä airport there is a bus connection to Ylläs (55 kilometres / 50 min to Äkäslompolo village). See the following website for bus information: https://www.rundgrenky.fi/en/yllas-airport-bus. It is also possible to pick up a taxi from the Kittilä airport.
GET TO KNOW YLLÄS
The following website gives information on the Ylläs area and its various activities (including weather conditions, skiing centres, ski rental, restaurants, reindeer safaris, snowmobiling, ice swimming, etc.): http://www.yllas.fi/en
Due to the limited number of places, we urge you to make your travel and hotel arrangements in good time!
In the current uncertain circumstances, it is wise to take a cancellation insurance for your trip.
FIND THE LATEST COVID-19 RELATED INFORMATION IN FINLAND (INCLUDING TRAVEL):